1930 - 1980
These are three alcohol tincture bottles produced by Eli Lilly & company based out of New York, New York. The first bottle is labeled tincture bottle No. 6 and held Asafetida, N.F. This bottle also contains a number of various handwritten letters and numbers written on the right-hand side of the label. Bottle two is labeled tincture bottle No. 18 and held Cantharides, N.F. The last bottle is labeled tincture No. 36 and held Digitalis, U.S.P. All three bottles were designed to hold 1/4 of a pint and are made from an amber glass with a plastic screw on lid.
Number of Pieces
13.4 X 5
All three bottles had the same measurements listed above. All measurements were taken in centimeters. Measurements are listed as “length by width by height” or “height by diameter” unless otherwise noted.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License
The Barbara H. Hagan School of Nursing: Historical Collection. (2017). "Bottles: Alcohol Tincture" [Photograph]. Retrieved from https://digitalcommons.molloy.edu/nur_hagan/637