1906 - 1940
Fluid Extract Bottles (G-15, ?, G-16, G-14)
These bottles all contain fluid extracts that were approved by the Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906.
G-15: Fluid Extract Colocynth was used as a laxative and cathartic, depending on the dosage amount; it was produced by American Druggists Syndicate (A.D.S.) in Long Island City, New York.
?: Extract Apocynum was used as a cathartic and diuretic; it was produced by Sharpe Dohme Company in Baltimore, Maryland.
G-16: Standardized Fluid Extract Jalap was used as a laxative or cathartic; it was produced by Eli Lilly and Company in Indianapolis, Indiana.
G-14: Fluid Extract Convallaria was used as a heart tonic and diuretic; it was manufactured by American Druggists Syndicate (A.D.S.) in Long Island City, New York.
Number of Pieces
12.1 x 4.9, 12 x 4.8, 12.4 x 4.7, 12.1 x 4.9
Bottle measurements are from left to right. All measurements were taken in centimeters. Measurements are listed as “length by width by height” or “height by diameter” unless otherwise noted.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License
The Barbara H. Hagan School of Nursing Historical Collection. (2017). "Fluid Extract Bottles" [Photograph]. Retrieved from http://digitalcommons.molloy.edu/nur_hagan/176