1906 - 1940
Alcohol Tincture Bottles (G-6, G-1, G-8)
These bottles all contain alcohol based liquids that were approved by the Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906.
G-6: Glycerole Pepsin Concentrated used for assisting in digestion; this was produced by Parke, Davis & Company based out of Detroit, Michigan.
G-1: Elixir no. 136, Five Bromides; this was produced by Parke, Davis & Company based out of Detroit, Michigan.
G-8: Wampole's Tonga - Salicyl used to reduce fever and allays pain; this was produced by Henry K. Wampole & Company based out of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Number of Pieces
7.2 x 4.7 x 20, 19.9 x 7.5, 7.3 x 5.2 x 20.5
Bottle measurements are from left to right. All measurements were taken in centimeters. Measurements are listed as “length by width by height” or “height by diameter” unless otherwise noted.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License
The Barbara H. Hagan School of Nursing Historical Collection. (2017). "Alcohol Tincture Bottles" [Photograph]. Retrieved from http://digitalcommons.molloy.edu/nur_hagan/168